What is Expected from the Participants?
Students of the course were expected to:
- Actively participate in the lectures and seminars by sharing ideas and discussing topics relating to course themes;
- Form an analytical, problem-solving approach to oceanographic and microbiological research;
- Carefully plan, carry out and document research experiments and field activities;
- Regularly report on the progress in the lab;
- Get acquainted with the research literature;
- Read original research papers and/or book chapters; and
- Present a summary of team research results at the final course symposium.