Eco-DAS: Ecological Dissertations
in the Aquatic Sciences
Ecological Dissertations in the Aquatic Sciences (Eco-DAS, pronounced eco-days) symposia seek to bridge interdisciplinary gaps in aquatic ecology. Key elements of the symposia include:
- Fostering sustained, cross-disciplinary interactions among the top new researchers in ecological oceanography and limnology, to the benefit of both the science and the researchers.
- Increasing the success rate of new researchers seeking funding to build their research programs, by familiarizing them with the diversity of available research opportunities, and introducing them to representatives of funding agencies with whom they will interact in future.
- Increasing the likelihood of professional success for these new researchers by:
- Highlighting their initial work through high-visibility, open-access publication of interdisciplinary articles focused on interdisciplinary and collaborative aspects of their work; and
- Establishing mentoring relationships between participants and established scientists.
All costs are paid by the Eco-DAS program. For more information regarding the symposium refer to the information links at left. You may also contact the organizer, Paul Kemp, at email@example.com.
Eco-DAS funding is provided by NSF. Eco-DAS is sponsored by the Center for Microbial Oceanography: Research and Education (C-MORE), the University of Hawai`i School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST) and the UH Department of Oceanography.